Kernel Compile

Lou Kamenov phayze at secureroot.org.uk
Mon Mar 24 15:46:08 GMT 2003

In some email I received from John Murphy <jfm at blueyonder.co.uk> on Mon, 24 Mar 2003
13:43:53 +0000, wrote:

> james <jamesp at hisser.org> wrote:
>
> >However I'm would have expected the module not to have been compiled. I =
> do=20
> >have /boot/kernel/usb.ko - what if I don't even want it to be there in =
> the=20
> >first place? Or am I thinking too much like a Linuxer ? :)
>
> You can put:
>
> NO_MODULES=3D    true    # do not build modules with the kernel

AFAIK this thing can be more selective:

MODULES_OVERRIDE = mymodule, yourmodule, blahblah

make.conf(5).

cheers,
-lk

Lou Kamenov	AEYE R&D 	lou.kamenov at aeye.net
FreeBSD BGUG	http://www.freebsd-bg.org	lou at FreeBSD-bg.org
Secureroot UK	http://secureroot.org.uk	phayze at secureroot.org.uk
Key Fingerprint - 936F F64A AD50 2D27 07E7  6629 F493 95AE A297 084A
One advantage of talking to yourself is that you know at least
somebody's listening. - Franklin P. Jones