RAID recommendations

Sam Pikesley samdavidpikesley at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 24 12:16:31 GMT 2003

Performance is not going to be an issue, I'm more
concerned about resilience...

--- Pete French <pete at twisted.org.uk> wrote: > >
Anybody got any recommendations for RAID
> controllers?
>
> Compaq SMART ones are fine. I've used the SL-2's,
> 3200 and now on a 4200.
> Easy to get cheap on Ebay - hell, I've got a spare
> SL-2 you can have
> tp play around with if you want.
>
> RAID-5 on only 3 discs is not going to give very
> good performance though,
>
> -bat.

> ------

=====
End the Axis of Oil - http://stopwar.org.uk

"The enemy of the moment always represented absolute evil, and it followed that any past or future agreement with him was impossible"

               -- George Orwell, 1984