Mouse Problems on 5.0

Lee Brotherston lee at nerds.org.uk
Mon Mar 24 10:21:37 GMT 2003

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 05:22:35PM -0000, Manx Biaggi wrote:

> Ok I have a P1 266 which ran fine on 4.7, but on two separate installs
> of 5.0 when I launch KDE the mouse goes crazy (as soon as I move it
> goes all over the screen as if it was being moved rapidly and clicking
> all the buttons, yet when I set and test the mouse daemon on the
> install it works fine, any ideas?

I've had that problem in the past too.  For me it was caused when
moused used to randomly spaz out, killing and restarting it worked
about 50% of the time.

Since then I've given up running moused (I only use the mouse in X),
and let X deal with my mouse directly.  A standard setup for a
USB-Wheel mouse would be (in XF86Config):

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "auto"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/mouse"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Thanks

  Lee

--
Lee Brotherston - <lee at nerds.org.uk>
Jar Jar Binks Makes The Ewoks Look Like Shaft