tput

Phil Pereira freeserver at wintellect.co.uk
Fri Mar 14 20:52:43 GMT 2003

Adrian,

It is with some sadness that I reply in saying that the "CUP" command doesn't work in FreeBSD  - tried it and check up on it   :(

However - I managed to come up with a work around :)  If you download OpenBSD's implementation of tput (which is in their sources) you can place thins on your FreeBSD box, "make" and "make install" it and you'll find it'll work now with the tput cup command!

Let me know how it goes!

Phil.

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 18:25:18 +0000
"adrian johnson" <eyewarp at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am having problems with the cup command when using tput, I should be able
> to format text on screen at row/column (tput cup r c), the cup command is
> not on my system (fbsd4.4) when I try to find it.
>
> Do I have to setup the TERM, if so, how?
>
> cheers all
>
> aj

Phil.
                                           (_ )
UNIX is "user-friendly",                \\\", ) ^
it's just picky about its friends!        \/, \(
                                         cXc_/_)