UK (or European) BSD Re-sellers

Paul Richards paul at freebsd-services.com
Thu Mar 6 11:23:46 GMT 2003

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 01:49:54AM +0000, Andrew Boothman wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've been trying in vain to find someone within the UK (or even Europe)
> that re-sells FreeBSD 5 CDs.
>
> FreeBSD Services unfortunately decided not to proceed with their DVD
> distribution due to lack of interest, and every reseller on the page on
> UKUG's site have seem to have shut down or don't have and FreeBSD CDs
> available.

As you say, there just wasn't any interest in the 5.0 distribution
so I had to abandon it.

I'm still keen to do a UK/EU distribution and there's still a
webpage on the site for people to pre-register for future releases.
If interest reaches a critical mass (which is around 250) then I'll
start doing releases again. This isn't something I'm doing for a
living anymore (I'm back contracting) so there needs to be enough
subscribers to cover the production costs but as long as I can
break even then I'm be happy to provide this as a service.

Paul.
http://www.freebsd-services.com