uk online payments

Bruce M Simpson bms at spc.org
Tue Mar 4 10:05:25 GMT 2003

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 09:26:47AM +0000, Dimitris wrote:
> stay away from PayPal, they cause a lot of problems.
>
> there are a lot of scams going on with PayPal at the moment, here is an example:
>
> Let say you are selling a laptop on ebay, and the highest bidder gets
> it for 800ukp:

This is one reason I insist on cleared funds before I dispatch anything
of that nature. If people don't trust the other party, they should use
some kind of escrow service. What you say about PayPal doesn't inspire
confidence, and their downright sloppy manner in dealing with my
complaints (i.e. I can't even USE their service, as I don't have a credit
card) causes me to place more faith in other online payments services.

Having said that, I never had any problems with BillPoint or Nochex.

BMS