uk online payments

Dimitris sehh at altered.com
Tue Mar 4 09:26:47 GMT 2003

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003 00:40:43 +0000 Bruce M Simpson <bms at spc.org> wrote:

> I've tried to register my UK debit card with PayPal and have had NOTHING
> but grief. Also, complaining to them seems to do little.

stay away from PayPal, they cause a lot of problems.

there are a lot of scams going on with PayPal at the moment, here is an example:

Let say you are selling a laptop on ebay, and the highest bidder gets
it for 800ukp:

1) he pays via paypal the 800ukp
2) you confirm the payment
3) he asks you to send the package as soon
as possible and he will add another 50.
4) you post the laptop to him the next
day.
5) you get back home, and you realise
that the money he sent you have been
withdrawn!

The trick is, he tells PayPal that you have not given him the laptop,
and without making any checks (asking you etc) they just give him
back the money.

Thats just one type of scam, there are LOADS of others, so stay away
from paypal if you are selling. usualy buying doesn't affect you.