IRC Room

Andrew Hodgson andrewh at jhcs.co.uk
Mon Jun 30 07:57:46 BST 2003

"MAWDSLEY, Adrian" wrote:

> Another quick question this fine Rainy morning.
> Is there an IRC room that "we" participate in, or one that people have found
> they can get good quick info in regarding FreeBSD?
> By that i mean one for UK users, rather than US. I realise that the info
> would probably be the same, but would like to be able to from time to time
> chat inanely about UK matters. ie Isn't President Blair hair looks splendid
> this day. And other tripe like that.

Well, I've tried frequenting #freebsd and #freebsdhelp on EFNet, but it
seems to be predominantly populated by absolute f*ckwits who can't have
a mature conversation. There are exceptions of course, but a #FreeBSDUK
room would be great IMHO. I'm not sure how to go about doing this
though. It definitely has my vote!

Andrew (dreading the rainy walk home through Camden :-(