broken program

Frank Shute frank at esperance-linux.co.uk
Fri Jun 27 11:56:09 BST 2003

I upgraded Mozilla and one of my blackbox widgets has broken:

  $ bbmail
  bbmail in free(): warning: junk pointer, too high to make sense.
  bbmail:  signal 11 caught
  aborting... dumping core
  Abort (core dumped)

Using gdb:

  $ gdb /usr/X11R6/bin/bbmail ./bbmail.core

  <snip>

  Reading symbols from /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1...(no debugging
  symbols found)...
  done.
  #0  0x281f18e8 in kill () from /usr/lib/libc.so.4
  (gdb) where
  #0  0x281f18e8 in kill () from /usr/lib/libc.so.4
  #1  0x2822d646 in abort () from /usr/lib/libc.so.4
  #2  0x8056f67 in XInstallColormap ()
  #3  0xbfbfffac in ?? ()
  #4  0x805443c in XInstallColormap ()
  #5  0x8058274 in XInstallColormap ()
  #6  0x8054239 in XInstallColormap ()
  #7  0x804b60f in XInstallColormap ()
  #8  0x80540a6 in XInstallColormap ()
  #9  0x804a0e9 in XInstallColormap ()
 (gdb)

That's about the only useful output I can get from gdb as it's
something I've never used before & I don't know what I'm doing with
it.

Anybody know what the problem is? Or even better what to do to fix it?
I've tried rebuilding it & it builds fine ... it just doesn't work :(

BTW:

$ uname -r

4.3-RELEASE

TIA

--

 Frank

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
   Boroughbridge.
 Tel: 01423 323019
     ---------
PGP keyID: 0xC0B341A3

http://www.esperance-linux.co.uk/

Droid:  Actually, Microsoft does produce a quality product.

Cynic:  True, but you can't run a server or a decent desktop with just
        an intellimouse...

	- seen on Slashdot