FW: The Gathering

MAWDSLEY, Adrian Adrian.MAWDSLEY at nantwich.sema.slb.com
Tue Jun 24 14:05:35 BST 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: Geraint A Edwards [mailto:gedge at serf.org]
Sent: 24 June 2003 08:13
To: MAWDSLEY, Adrian
Cc: Adrian J Mawdsley
Subject: Re: The Gathering

Adrian,

Did the below make it through to the list?  If not, it seems the
moderator is not approving non-member posts, so could you forward
it, please.  Thanks.

----- Forwarded message from Geraint A Edwards <gedge at serf.org> -----

Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 20:54:48 +0100
From: Geraint A Edwards <gedge at serf.org>
To: freebsd-users at uk.freebsd.org

Hi,

Thanks to everyone who made an effort and turned up (easy for me,
cos I live in Cardiff) on Saturday.  I had a good time meeting
people and chatting yesterday.  Lots of oddly-familiar faces,
considering I don't go to many of these events.  This can be
remedied:  next month's picnic, perhaps (URL, anyone)?

A big thanks to Ceri for being secretary, and staying sober
enough for long enough (he should be able to read this by
tomorrow ;-).  Well done Paul Richards for stirring it up in the
first place (though not for phoning my house - as opposed to my
mobile - at 1am!  Linda will not forgive /me/ for some reason...).

Shame I didn't get to chat to Paul Robinson about a new funky
installer - especially after I was late turning up having spent
most of the afternoon installing Smoothwall (because my dad won't
use FreeBSD cos it sounds complicated).

Last but not least, my (well, our) photos:
	http://serf.org/gedge/bin/llun.cgi/freebsd10
Please let me know of name corrections - with my apologies if your
name is wrong/missing.

Happy birthday FreeBSD.  Here's to the next 10 years...

--
Geraint A. Edwards (aka "Gedge") gedge at serf.org  http://serf.org/gedge/
Whom ate all the pies.

----- End forwarded message -----