SCO suit

Paul Robinson paul at iconoplex.co.uk
Tue Jun 24 13:36:40 BST 2003

On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 01:05:29PM +0100, Sam Pikesley wrote:

> Either that, or one of their 'expert lawyers' has seen
>
>       for (i = 0; i < 10; i++)
>
> in both the Linux source and the SCO source and
> concluded that they've been robbed...

The core of the is a non-dislcosed (to the public, obviously it's disclosed
to the court), piece of code, 80 lines in length that are identical down to
the programmer comments. This is enough to establish a cut and paste job,
and if SCO can show that they owned the copyright and never agreed that code
would be put into Linux, they have their case.

There is a very good chance SCO has a case against IBM if it was IBM who
made these changes. There is a very good chance they are looking at FreeBSD
right now. They will almost certainly fail to find anything.

For the addicts:

Two Sans Serif fonts walk into a bar. The barman sees them and shouts "Oi!
We don't serve your type in here!"

You don't think these are funny do you? At least my jokes aren't as lame as
the ones I get sent like this *hilarious* one-liner:

Computers are like air-conditioners; they both stop working when you open
windows.

Ha ha ha. *donk*. That's me. Laughing my head off. *sigh*.

--
Paul Robinson