SCO suit

Paul Richards paul at freebsd-services.com
Tue Jun 24 10:21:49 BST 2003

A topic of discuss Saturday was the SCO suit, where I suggested that
getting bought by IBM didn't seem to me to be a likely reason for their
actions.

Today's news is that SCO is not going to sue any of *its* Linux
customers, since they're already paying for the use of any SCO IP that
may exist in Linux.

So, is SCO making a play for the Linux market? "Linux is tainted
with our code so either pay us royalties or stop using it."

That's been my theory all along :-)

If that's what they're up to then things could start getting
interesting :-)

--
Tis a wise thing to know what is wanted, wiser still to know when
it has been achieved and wisest of all to know when it is unachievable