The Gathering

Ceri Davies setantae at submonkey.net
Fri Jun 20 14:47:47 BST 2003

On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 02:25:10PM +0100, Paul Richards wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 11:59:47AM +0100, Ceri Davies wrote:
> > > Which other pub were you thinking of? Can I suggest either somewhere near
> > > the station or somewhere near Dempsey's to make it easy for people to find
> > > the early-bird crowd?
> >
> > The closest pub to the station is the Prince of Wales; it's a Wetherspoons so
> > has cheap (if not particularly great) beer, great toilets and no music.
>
> I think Sam's bar is a better choice for afternoon drinking. It's close
> to the station, has outside seating and a nice dark inside for sun
> haters.

Agreed.  I sent directions to Sam's in another mail.

> > I'm (kind of) willing to act as secretary for this; finger ceri at FreeBSD.org
> > for my mobile number.  If people want to privately mail me theirs then I'll
> > have a full list of contacts, and maybe SMS me when you hit Cardiff.  Then I
> > can tell you where everybody is (assuming that the group let me know where
> > they are at any one time).
>
> Well volunteered :-)

Well, as long as people do let me know when they move from bar to bar, then
it might just work.  I probably won't arrive until 3pm, or perhaps later.

Ceri
--
User: DO YOU ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOR?
Iniaes: Sure, I can accept all forms of payment.