BSD 5.0 Perl question

crizza crizza at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jun 20 13:59:06 BST 2003

Hi Gavin.

You need a package called cvsup. Its in the ports tree under net ( i
think ) and it also comes on one of the fbsd installation disks ( if you
have them )

compile or pkg_add the respective cvsup source or binary ( there is also
cvsupit that does same thing but is easier and has gui ) I would
recommend cvsupit if this is your first time updating the ports tree and
then move onto the cli based cvsup when you feel more confident.

Once compiled, run it and follow the onscreen instructions to *update
the ports tree and also its a good idea to look through the manual pages
for cvsup and cvsupit ( if there is a manual page for cvsupit??? ).

Try 'perl -V' on the cli. This should give you more information about
the native installation of perl on your fbsd system

Any make using the ports collection should fetch any dependancies for
the sources in question.

hope this helps

Chris

*if you have dial up it may take some time.