Routed ppp

crizza crizza at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jun 19 17:12:21 BST 2003

Well i think you will find that it was I that pointed out the fact that
the gateway/router was pointing at its internal interface remember?

 And if you mean explicit gateway then why didnt you specify?

Jason and I had already suggested that the ppp configuration needed to
be changed to ask for the next hop to be assigned. Check the posts its
all there.

your comment:

     'um there shouldnt be a gateway setting for the bsd box, it _is_
the gateway'

Is inherently incorrect.

i think what you were trying to say was
    'um there shouldnt be an explicit gateway assigned to the
gateway/router by the admin becuase if you configure ppp correctly as
suggested before         then it will assign the default route itself on
the fly'

therefore, maybe you should 'read, think and then check your syntax'
before you post!

Chris