Routed ppp

Pete French pete at twisted.org.uk
Thu Jun 19 16:57:58 BST 2003

> >Um there shouldn't be a gateway setting for the bsd box, it _is_ the gateway.

> Ok, If you are _correct_ where does the gateway for network 'x' send
> packets to that are not destined for the network is serves?

He means, as did I, that there should be no explicit 'default gateway' set
for the box. It is going to get that from PPP remember ? Which might change
depending on what modem he dials into. So you dont set a gateway on the box.
For the internal machines it *is* the gateway, and then it gets the upstream
default gateway dynamicly.

> At least think before you post.

Yes, it would be nice, wouldnt it ?

-bat.