Routed ppp

crizza crizza at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jun 19 15:54:45 BST 2003

Every gateway/router needs another destination to forward packets onto
that are not destined for the network it handles routing for.
As myself and Jason suggested, if you configure ppp correctly it will
set up the next destination hop for you ( eg default ) in your routing
tables for the gateway/router then all you need to do is assign the
correct DNS ip's ( eg your ISP dns servers ) to the clients and point
their next hop ( eg default ) at the gateway/router interface for your
local network.

You 'may' also need to put your ISP dns ip's into your resolv.conf on
the gateway/router as I am not sure if PPP populates this file
automatically.