Selling FreeBSD

Steve Purkis steve at twistedfish.net
Wed Jun 18 12:17:26 BST 2003

Hello all

I was quite interested in the posts on this subject a few weeks ago, though much of it was "over my head" - in fact I'd make a good test case if anyone wants one being a bit of a dummy :)

I think a point that was missed is that installing ANY OS from scratch isn't that easy for the average Joe - indeed, I doubt that most people ever attempt it. Now if there were machines in Dixons with FBSD & some nice X apps pre installed + an "easy" interface to the ports...

Another point: I would never have learnt there were alternatives to the way most people work (win/mac) if things were too "easy".

Cheers

Steve