The Gathering

Paul Robinson paul at iconoplex.co.uk
Wed Jun 18 12:08:07 BST 2003

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 11:59:47AM +0100, Ceri Davies wrote:

> The closest pub to the station is the Prince of Wales; it's a Wetherspoons so
> has cheap (if not particularly great) beer, great toilets and no music.

Yum, yum! Mild Bitter! Is the Weatherhspoons in Cardiff like all of the
Manchester ones - i.e. full of old skinflints and hooligans?

> Walk out of the train station towards the bus station, keep going until you
> get to Wood Street and turn right.  It's on your right hand side just behind
> the guy selling flowers.  Doesn't have a beer garden either, but is perhaps
> handy for people coming in from outside Cardiff to meet up.

Maybe. Defeats the point of meeting somewhere with a beer garden. Anywhere
relatively near anywhere we might be hanging out that does?

> I'm (kind of) willing to act as secretary for this; finger ceri at FreeBSD.org
> for my mobile number.  If people want to privately mail me theirs then I'll
> have a full list of contacts, and maybe SMS me when you hit Cardiff.  Then I
> can tell you where everybody is (assuming that the group let me know where
> they are at any one time).

My mobile is on my business card, so I don't mind the whole world having it.
If anybody wants to get hold of me (I'll know where I am at the time, so you
can bother me once I'm in Cardiff) I'm on 07740 465746.

--
Paul Robinson