BSD Laptops

MAWDSLEY, Adrian Adrian.MAWDSLEY at nantwich.sema.slb.com
Sat Jun 7 14:04:46 BST 2003

K, I'm going on the hunt over the next week to get myself a
Laptop/Notebook/Mobile Computer Device. And was wanting some input fr=
om the
Mass-At-Large
I've been checking out various Unix/Linux/BSD laptop sites:
E.g.
http://www.tuxmobil.org/
http://www.linux-laptop.net/
I've got my budget of around =A3700 , so my Laptop will most likely b=
e a
Second Hand job, though i saw a nice IBM Thinkpad on Dabs.com today.

So basically i'm wanting suggestions, horror stories and some good ad=
vise.
Before i spend my wad

If you want some specs to work from.

1ghz min processor
256MB RAM
20GB HDD
DVD/CD-RW (not bothered if they have to be added externally, as long =
as they
will run in BSD)
NIC
Modem
PC-CARD slot for a WiFi card would be nice

Thanks in advance for the suggestions and help
Adrian