Can't find Intel EtherExpress isa NIC

Chris Whitehouse chris at childeric.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Jun 6 20:42:34 BST 2003

I'm just coming back to this, mostly to understand what's going on. Thanks for replies.

 23/05/03 16:29:50, Bruce M Simpson <bms at spc.org> wrote:

>On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 04:16:28PM +0100, Paul Civati wrote:
>> Chris Whitehouse <chris at childeric.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>> I use an EtherExpress Pro/10 under OpenBSD, using the following combo:
>>
>>   ex0 at isa0 port 0x320/16 irq 5
>>
>> Might want to try that.
>
>You would set these either in /boot/kernel.conf on 4.x, or /boot/device.hints
>on 5.x. The syntax for kernel.conf isn't readily documented anywhere, or
>so it would appear; but it's generated by VISUAL_USERCONFIG when installing
>from CDROM.

 I tried this, guessing at kernel.conf syntax,  but still couldn't get any response (except mine's a EtherExpress 16 and comes under the ie(4) driver). I may not have got
the syntax right but also I think the card may be broken (and so cheap not worth spending any more time on).

I do have one more question if anyone can give me an answer. If the network card has 32kb of memory enabled at d0000, should I or should I not reserve that area
in BIOS?

Thanks

Chris