old laptop, new x-server...

Ben Paley ben at spooty.net
Thu Jun 5 21:27:35 BST 2003

Hello

I've put FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE on an old Thinkpad 560 (with help from Joe -
thanks a lot!) which my dad gave me, but I'm having trouble with XF86-4. X-3
works fine, but X-4 gives me some really weird effects - complicated to
explain and probably not diagnostic, so I won't go into them unless it will
help...

It seems like there are two solutions: one is to abandon X-4 and just run X-3,
but this is frankly crap. The other possibility is that someone will tell me
the small, simple but obscure thing I need to do to get X-4 running.

Anyone?

Thanks in anticipation,

Ben