spam from the list

Kevin Golding kevin at caomhin.demon.co.uk
Thu Jun 5 14:39:35 BST 2003

In article <20030605105140.GA15028 at peach.veggie.com>, Frank Shute
<frank at esperance-linux.co.uk> writes
>Can you imagine how cheap everything would be if people weren't
>employed in sales? I think I saw that Ford UK's advertising budget is
>100 million a year. That's 100 million less going to make a decent
>product & one good reason why I would never buy a Ford.
></rant>

To be fair you shouldn't single out Ford, they certainly aren't the
worst in the motor industry anyway.  A few years back someone looked a
little closer at the figures said that the big players pay between 500
and 1000 pounds in advertising for each new car they sell.  I'll leave
everyone to fill in their own debates about style to substance ratios.

Kevin
kevin at caomhin.demon.co.uk