[users] Re: Selling FreeBSD

Ceri Davies setantae at submonkey.net
Thu Jun 5 16:03:33 BST 2003

--jq0ap7NbKX2Kqbes

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 03:55:52PM +0100, Ceri Davies wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 03:49:36PM +0100, Paul Robinson wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 03:40:13PM +0100, Bruce M Simpson wrote:
> >=20
> > > I spent a lot of time in my last dayjob weeding out the Jumpstart
> > > server's JASS scripts and rolling exactly what we needed. It takes a =
few
> > > dry runs, but if you need to do mass installs of Solaris boxen, there
> > > is no substitute.
> >=20
> > I haven't installed Solaris since way back when, anywhere. I've just dr=
edged=20
> > docs.sun.com for a feature list of Jumpstart and perhaps a screen grab =
to no=20
> > avail. Anybody? Anywhere?
>=20
> There is no screen grab; you basically set up a rarp server, a tftp server
> containing some kernels, and an nfs server containing the contents of the
> install cd, add a couple of class files specifying which machines should =
have
> what partitions set up, which packages should be installed, an encrypted =
root
> passwd, etc., and then power on the rest of the machine room...

This should give some idea of the features:

	http://docs.sun.com/db/doc/806-0957/6ja9c6gbg?q=3Djumpstart&a=3Dview

Ceri
--=20
User: DO YOU ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOR?
Iniaes: Sure, I can accept all forms of payment.
                                           -- www.chatterboxchallenge.com

--jq0ap7NbKX2Kqbes

--jq0ap7NbKX2Kqbes--