[users] Re: Selling FreeBSD

Ceri Davies setantae at submonkey.net
Thu Jun 5 15:55:52 BST 2003

--tKW2IUtsqtDRztdT

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 03:49:36PM +0100, Paul Robinson wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 03:40:13PM +0100, Bruce M Simpson wrote:
>=20
> > I spent a lot of time in my last dayjob weeding out the Jumpstart
> > server's JASS scripts and rolling exactly what we needed. It takes a few
> > dry runs, but if you need to do mass installs of Solaris boxen, there
> > is no substitute.
>=20
> I haven't installed Solaris since way back when, anywhere. I've just dred=
ged=20
> docs.sun.com for a feature list of Jumpstart and perhaps a screen grab to=
 no=20
> avail. Anybody? Anywhere?

There is no screen grab; you basically set up a rarp server, a tftp server
containing some kernels, and an nfs server containing the contents of the
install cd, add a couple of class files specifying which machines should ha=
ve
what partitions set up, which packages should be installed, an encrypted ro=
ot
passwd, etc., and then power on the rest of the machine room...

Ceri
--=20
User: DO YOU ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOR?
Iniaes: Sure, I can accept all forms of payment.
                                           -- www.chatterboxchallenge.com

--tKW2IUtsqtDRztdT

--tKW2IUtsqtDRztdT--