Selling FreeBSD

Ceri Davies setantae at submonkey.net
Thu Jun 5 14:49:37 BST 2003

--sm4nu43k4a2Rpi4c

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 02:30:00PM +0100, Jon Mercer wrote:
> I'm not sure that going for a whizzy install is going to make for a=20
> wider adoption of BSD. Has anyone looked at the Lehey column in Daemon=20
> News, it does touch on this.

I'd agree that I don't feel there's a great need for a whizzy installer.

Something like Sun's JumpStart on the other hand, would be a major plus
in my opinion.  Yes, this is probably reasonably trivial, but if there's
one already available that's going to sound a lot better to the PHBs than
"of course it can be done, but we'd have to spend some time writing it
first".

Ceri
--=20
User: DO YOU ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOR?
Iniaes: Sure, I can accept all forms of payment.
                                           -- www.chatterboxchallenge.com

--sm4nu43k4a2Rpi4c

--sm4nu43k4a2Rpi4c--