spam from the list

Pete French pete at twisted.org.uk
Wed Jun 4 13:05:55 BST 2003

> > emails from old friends are not marked as spam.
> How do you make sure of that...

why would emails  from old friends end up being marjked as spam ? what
characteristics of spam would they be likelyto exhibit that would trigger
the filters ?

since we put the filters in here then about 10-15% of the spam which has hit
us has ben auto dropped into the spam folder. the rest of the spam is currently
marked as 'unsure' and is let through. but as I took all my saved email and
pumped it thhrough the filters too then almost all of my personal mail is
marked as 'good'. Also checking the spam mailbox once a week is a generally
good idea just to make sure nothing has slipped in there by accident.

-bat.