Install Problems!

Dogers dogers at the-marines.com
Mon Jun 2 22:23:14 BST 2003

After playing around with BSD 4.8 on an old pentium I have lying around,
I thought I'd give it a go on my main machine, but I think that's
pushing BSD a little too far :)

It's an nVidia nForce2 mobo and the IDE interface seems to be causing
the system to, well, hang! On loading the installer, after selecting the
modules needed, it gets down to looking through the IDE drives, and
comes up with:
AD0: 78167MB <MAXTOR serial> (158816/16/63) at ATA0-MASTER BIOSDMA
AD1: READ command timeout tag=0 serv=0 - resetting

Then hangs with the drive light on full blast. Num, caps and scroll lock
all do nothing on the keyboard, no keys or combinations seem to work!

Am I just plain out of luck? Only the previous nForce1 interface is
listed on the hardware page - although I doubt they've changed it
significantly..?

Any ideas on what I can try/do?

--
Dogers