fwbuilder installation

Steve Greenshaw steve at softgreen.co.uk
Wed Jul 23 15:09:18 BST 2003

Hi,

I'm attempting to instal fwbuilder on FreeBSD 4.8

I've CVSup'd the port and downloaded the source tar files as well as
installing all the necesssary software as decribed in the installation
guide at www.fwbuilder.org, but I get the following error when
attempting to install (either directly using the source or via the ports
'make install'):

/usr/local/lib/libxml2.so: undefined reference to `iconv_open'
/usr/local/lib/libxml2.so: undefined reference to `iconv_close'
/usr/local/lib/libxml2.so: undefined reference to `iconv'
gmake[2]: *** [fwblookup] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory
`/usr/ports/security/fwbuilder/work/fwbuilder-1.0.10/src/tools'
gmake[1]: *** [all] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/ports/security/fwbuilder/work/fwbuilder-1.0.10/src'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2
*** Error code 2

I've googled for similar errors and can find reference to problems with
SMB where the 'options LIBICONV' should be included in the kernel so
I've compiled that in too, but still get the same problem.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Steve.