permissions on CDROM

Frank Shute frank at esperance-linux.co.uk
Wed Jul 23 14:15:18 BST 2003

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 07:33:51AM +0100, Bruce M Simpson wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 09:19:28AM +0100, Frank Shute wrote:
> > I've got an ATAPI CDROM and the device node looks like this:
> >
> > crw-r-----  4 root  operator  117,   0 Jul 11 18:09 /dev/acd0a
> >
> > I've got problems using Grip with it as a mere mortal. Is it safe to
> > chmod/chgrp the device & if so what do folks suggest?
>
> I generally bung /dev/acd0 in /etc/fbtab and don't worry about it...

Thanks, I didn't know about that.

--

 Frank

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
   Boroughbridge.
 Tel: 01423 323019
     ---------
PGP keyID: 0xC0B341A3

http://www.esperance-linux.co.uk/

Droid:  Actually, Microsoft does produce a quality product.

Cynic:  True, but you can't run a server or a decent desktop with just
        an intellimouse...

	- seen on Slashdot