NTP problems

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Mon Jul 21 11:15:45 BST 2003

--6WlEvdN9Dv0WHSBl

On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 08:22:35AM +0100, Peter McGarvey wrote:
=20
> Pernicious?  Really?
>=20
> Well, if running ntpdate from cron really is "very harmful", as you
> suggest, then perhaps you'd like to explain why.

Meaning 2 from www.dictionary.com:

    pernicious
   =20
    adj 1: exceedingly harmful [syn: baneful, deadly, pestilent] 2: working=
 or spreading in a hidden and usually injurious way; "a subtle poison" [syn=
: insidious, subtle]
   =20
    Source: WordNet ? 1.6, ? 1997 Princeton University

> But in answer to your question see the ntpdate(8) man page.

The ntpdate(8) man page agrees with what I said.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                      Savill Way