RAV AntiVirus for MailSevers [FreeBSD]

Bruce M Simpson bms at spc.org
Thu Jul 17 15:12:55 BST 2003

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 02:36:18PM +0100, Simon Kershaw wrote:
> Actually SpamAssassin can be quite effective at trapping viruses. I find
> that it traps pretty much every virus that comes my way (and that's
> quite a lot -- several hundred a month).

I just installed amavisd-new yesterday, smashing tool - it certainly
helps to tie SA in with the rest of the mail delivery system, and makes
it easier to roll in virus checking.

Thanks for the tip though - most of the virus checkers are commercial, this
helps us to avoid running into those costs sooner rather than later :-)

BMS