A bit OT - Urban Myths?

jon at witchspace.com jon at witchspace.com
Wed Jul 16 17:38:26 BST 2003

Hiya

> Have you ever tried to explain the differance between the web and the
> internet?

The best I've manage to come up with is 'Web is to Internet as car is to
road', the reasoning being that what people refer to as 'the Web' is the
result of data travelling over the 'Net between two machines.

> Infact have you ever tried to explain to someone why "an internet
> address" (URL to you and me) doesn't need a "www" prefix?

You mean why some do and some don't?  I have some sympathy since it
was only a year or so ago I found out why :-)

--Jon

http://www.witchspace.com