RAV AntiVirus for MailSevers [FreeBSD]

Tom Beard tom at deltamech.net
Wed Jul 16 15:39:17 BST 2003

 Well, as Dominic said,  RAV has been bought my Microsoft who
have stopped development on all platforms except for Windows.  (supprise,
supprise) They are providing updates to honour existing service contracts,
but after that,  you'll be out on a limb.  I can't claim to know anything
about qmail,  as I've only ever used sendmail.  There are at least two
products I know of (Mailscanner and MIMEDefang) which allow you to easily
interface sendmail with a good many anti-virus products.  I currently use
MIMEDefang with RAV and Sophos.  I believe that Clamav works well if you
wish to stick with qmail.

	Kind Regards,
		Tom

---