RAV AntiVirus for MailSevers [FreeBSD]

Serge -Intraforum- serge at intraforum.net
Wed Jul 16 15:41:41 BST 2003

At 15:17 16/07/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Serge,
>
>I'll do my best. What exactly did you want to know?

I have rather specific setup on my server:  FreeBSD 4.8 & PSA 6.0
(qmail) from http://www.sw-soft.com , just trying to figure out
*what would be the best antivirus software for this setup* (so far
I got little help from the PSA vendor, a sales guy writing answers
like "the anti-virus program I recommend is SpamAssasin" (unless
SpamAssassin now includes antivirus module, which I doubt) - he's
a nice guy but he does not really know what he's talking about,
and my FreeBSD knowledge is rather patchy. Btw, because of PSA
(which by the way I would be happy to get rid of, if I could),
I've got other non-conventional headaches as well, for example,
how to install Asus server management software without causing
damage to PSA Apache httpd sub-system (there's some not quite
compatible PHP-module) etc.

Back to antivirus: I've got TrendMicro Server Protect OEM, it
came bundled with Asus server (Linux, but should be compatible),
I'm not sure if it's a suitable product but I'll try to evaluate
it on my test machine anyway.