A bit OT - Urban Myths?

Paul Robinson paul at iconoplex.co.uk
Wed Jul 16 14:09:30 BST 2003

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 12:25:27PM +0100, Pete French wrote:

> > least she's started using the verbal shorthand "dub-dub-dub" instead of
>
> "dub dub dub" ?! never heard that before, where did she pick that up ?

I've got a mate who for a while referred to it as "wibble".

> BTW, can anyone recommend a FreeBSD virus scanner ? I switched to IMAP
> on alocal server, but my g/f access her mail on a windows box.  Norton AV
> will scan incomming POP3 messages but doesnt touch IMAP ones. She does have
> a habit of catching virii sadly.

You probably don't need it. It impresses bosses that mail is being
automatically scanned however, so the answer you're looking for is:

Sophos + Exiscan + Exim.

If you're serious about mail and want to do virus scanning, etc. use
exim+exiscan+sophos and your life will become a nicer thing to be
experiencing. :-) I'm not going to get into MTA wars, but every .ac.uk MX
I've seen runs exim, I've seen sites with 750,000 customers use nothing more
than two exim boxes (two for fault tolerance), and sophos, although
expensive, is simple. No stupid GUIs unless you want it on your windows box.
Just a nice, standard, command line interface. And the updates are easy to
grab every 30 minutes out of a cron job too, straight off their website.

Sophos is great to have on a FreeBSD box anyway...

--
Paul Robinson