A bit OT - Urban Myths?

Peter McGarvey fbsd-x at packet.org.uk
Wed Jul 16 13:03:25 BST 2003

* Pete French <pete at twisted.org.uk> [2003-07-16 12:26:55 BST]:
> > least she's started using the verbal shorthand "dub-dub-dub" instead of
> "dub dub dub" ?! never heard that before, where did she pick that up ?

>From me.

> BTW, can anyone recommend a FreeBSD virus scanner ? I switched to IMAP
> on alocal server, but my g/f access her mail on a windows box.  Norton AV
> will scan incomming POP3 messages but doesnt touch IMAP ones. She does have
> a habit of catching virii sadly.

Well, I'm a fan of Sophos.

    http://www.sophos.com/

Although I'm not entirely sure what the licencing terms are, I seem to
remember thinking I wouldn't need to pay for personal use...  but I'm
not entirely sure.

The nicest thing is that it's a not just a standalone app.  It's also a
library.  So for scanning mail I can use the Sophos libs with a third
party daemon called Sophie.

    http://www.vanja.com/tools/sophie/

Much speedier than starting a virus scanning process for every mail I
get.

--
TTFN, FNORD

Peter McGarvey