A bit OT - Urban Myths?

Chris Whitehouse chris at childeric.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Jul 16 11:14:01 BST 2003

16/07/03 09:51:29, Paul Robinson <paul at iconoplex.co.uk> wrote:

>friends had a "google for the first evidence of your net presence"
>competition. Earliest I could find was '95, but a friend who was working at

I don't know if this counts as internet. GreenNet started providing an email network for the nonprofit community in 1986
http://www.gn.apc.org/anniversary/reachingout.html

"services included all the services of GeoNet (an international network of mailbox hosts): i.e. electronic mail and telex; access
to conferencing; bulletin board facilities
and access to over 50 databases and consultancy"