A bit OT - Urban Myths?

Richard Wendland richard at codeburst.co.uk
Tue Jul 15 19:49:55 BST 2003

> I'm due to present a paper later this month at an international teachers
> conference with the title "Open Source Software - A Bridge Across the
> Digital Divide?" which will include some FreeBSD advocacy.

Netcraft have put out a bit of a good news story on FreeBSD
"Nearly 2 Million Active Sites running FreeBSD", showing
good recent growth for FreeBSD in web hosting:

http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2003/07/12/nearly_2_million_active_sites_running_freebsd.html

That puts FreeBSD running over 10% of all active websites, and 9%
of all websites in the Netcraft survey.  That's rather more than the
FreeBSD/Linux publicity quotient would suggest to most people.

Maybe useful for your talk.

	Richard
Richard Wendland				richard at wendland.org.uk