javavmwrapper port

Frank Shute frank at esperance-linux.co.uk
Mon Jul 14 16:36:45 BST 2003

On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 03:04:36PM +0100, Abdul Salam wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> Thanks for the mail.
>
> Doesn't look like it is installed. When I am trying de-install (Then
> re-install), it comes up with same error. I have recently updated the ports
> collection using CVS. I don't know whether it has got anything to do with
> this. Actually what I am trying to install is "jakarta-tomcat41". But, that
> needs this port (And many many others) installed on the system.
>
> Many thanks,

Try doing:

# make -D FORCE_PKG_REGISTER install clean

When building it. What that variable does is described in man ports.
Anyway, as a result the port should now be installed and registered.

--

 Frank

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
   Boroughbridge.
 Tel: 01423 323019
     ---------
PGP keyID: 0xC0B341A3

http://www.esperance-linux.co.uk/

Droid:  Actually, Microsoft does produce a quality product.

Cynic:  True, but you can't run a server or a decent desktop with just
        an intellimouse...

	- seen on Slashdot