Building ports on another machine

Guy Harper guy at gtv8.org
Tue Jul 8 12:53:10 BST 2003

On Sun, Jul 06, 2003 at 01:17:56PM +0100, Sam Smith wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Jul 2003, Guy Harper wrote:
> > I've been updating my laptop, having neglected it some recently. Being
> > short of disk space, processing power, and RAM, it struck me that I
> > should try and build ports on another machine.
>
> Use the packages off the ftp site?

I've not had good experiences with packages in the past, as I find they
tend to be too inflexible.

Nonetheless, it's likely the least painful way to achieve my aims. :)

--
"people are going to have to discover that it's the unknown that they
 need to know in order to survive" - Sun Ra            <guy at gtv8.org>