JDK question

Bruce M Simpson bms at spc.org
Mon Jul 7 20:24:55 BST 2003

On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 02:35:07AM +0100, Frank Shute wrote:
> I've downloaded and installed the Linux version of Sun's JDK 1.4.
>
> The only problem with it is that I have to run everything as root
> otherwise it core dumps.
>
> I wondered if there was any mileage in downloading the native BSD JDK?
> I'd want the 1.4 version (the regexp library looks useful).
>
> Anybody got any experience with any of the 1.4 JDKs?

I'm running 1.4.1-p3 right now with the 'experimental' patchset and
is delivering Java Web Start applications and applets for me just fine.

I did notice a cosmetic problem with the compiler - it complains of not
being able to find the message catalogue - but it can compile Java code
just fine.

The dust is still settling!

BMS