Building ports on another machine

Guy Harper guy at gtv8.org
Sun Jul 6 12:58:01 BST 2003

Hi,

I've been updating my laptop, having neglected it some recently. Being
short of disk space, processing power, and RAM, it struck me that I
should try and build ports on another machine.

ie. do the initial build on one machine, then copy over whatever is
required to the laptop, and simply perform the final 'make install' from
there.

Is this feasible? I figure I'd have to keep the two machines fairly well
sync'd WRT kernel and ports.

Otherwise, what would this entail?

TIA

--
"people are going to have to discover that it's the unknown that they
 need to know in order to survive" - Sun Ra            <guy at gtv8.org>