sendmail and sbwait

Mark Stewart Mark.Stewart at bacs.co.uk
Wed Jan 29 15:55:18 GMT 2003

Hi,

I'm running sendmail and have about 500 emails a day - just wondering if an=
yone ever had problems with lots of sendmail forks  with the status sbwait =
(200)? I'm dialing up to retieve the mail from our ISP.

The sbwait processes don't ever seem to go away - I know that sbwait means =
that the handling program (sendmail in this case) is handling data input - =
ouput through a port and netstat confirms this. Can anyone please make any =
suggestions ?=20

Mark

You can find us at www.bacs.co.uk=20

This communication is confidential and intended for=20
the exclusive use of the addressee only. You should=20
not disclose its contents to any other person.
If you are not the intended recipient please notify=20
the sender named above immediately.

BACS Limited, registered in England, No 1023742,=20
3 De Havilland Road, Edgware, Middlesex, HA8 5QA