.NET for freebsd

adyas at twowaytv.co.uk adyas at twowaytv.co.uk
Wed Jan 29 10:28:38 GMT 2003

Gabriel Veneat wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-01-29 at 02:14, Dimitris wrote:
>>I'd prefer to deposit my money with a 'unix bank' than an 'M$ bank', or fly in
>>a unix powered airplane than an M$ powered airplane.
 >
> maybe .NET is a good thing , and if they wanted to run on BSD is great.
> When the .net-minded IT managers will want to .net-ize your work
> environment  FreeBSD will be able to stay.

My problem with it, and I suspect other people too, is that I have a
deep rooted mistrust for Microsoft based on things they have done in the
past, and no so good experiences with many of their other products. My
main worry is that they will abuse their power with .net at some time in
the future.

I don't do much development (any more), and I don't know very much about
.net, but I am beginning to acknowledge from people who's oppinions I
respect in other matters, that it is actually quite a good thing.  I
just hope they don't pull the rug out from underneath our feet a few
years down the line.

Alex..

--
-= alex dyas - broadcast support engineer - twowaytv - uk =-