Compaq Proliant DL380 G2

Paul Robinson paul at iconoplex.co.uk
Wed Jan 22 12:48:35 GMT 2003

sean at waterh.demon.co.uk wrote:

> I am thinking of moving some applications running on a PC onto a
> Server, and have been toying with the idea of the Proliant
> DL380G2. Does anyone know of any pitfalls etc. with installing
> FreeBSD 4.7 on the above Server? Is it a relatively painless
> process getting the RAID card to work and has anyone experienced,
> or can hightlight anything I should look out for in particular?

Not sure about the DL380G2, but I have a couple of ML370's that are older
nastier versions that run fine. The only problem is on reboot, it needs you
to press a key to start up - it won't just start. There is a way of
disabling that, but the software lives in the last sector on the first disk
or something, and we wiped that. They're a bit quirky, but I suspect the
DL380G2s should be fine. Don't take my entire word for it though... :-)

--
Paul Robinson