Machine Dead

Sam Pikesley samdavidpikesley at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 21 10:55:18 GMT 2003

This started happening to me a while ago. No logs, no
sign that anything was amiss, just BANG, the machine
blew up. I came to the conclusion that it was a
hardware thing. I tried a few things including
changing the VGA card, changing the network card,
changing the SCSI card etc., it was still happening. I
eventually tracked it down to some dodgy RAM, acquired
some more (SysAdmin privileges, the users never
noticed ;), and all has been well ever since.

Just my 2 Cents

Sam
;)

--- Mark Stewart <Mark.Stewart at bacs.co.uk> wrote: >
> I have been using FreeBSD for two years now and have
> never experienced a hung machine. (not even ssh
> access)
>
> I powered down using the off switch :( Everthing is
> working again but my logs give me no reason for the
> failure. I am primarily checking my email logs and
> messages log.
>
> Can anyone suggest anything else ?
>
> mark

> You can find us at www.bacs.co.uk

> This communication is confidential and intended for
> the exclusive use of the addressee only. You should
> not disclose its contents to any other person.
> If you are not the intended recipient please notify
> the sender named above immediately.
>
> BACS Limited, registered in England, No 1023742,
> 3 De Havilland Road, Edgware, Middlesex, HA8 5QA

=====
The Romans didn't build a great empire by organising meetings. They did it by killing anyone that got in their way.
                               -- K. Bates