Connecting to win boxes

Chris Rodgers freebsd-uk at rodgers.org.uk
Mon Jan 20 19:36:07 GMT 2003

Have you checked that encrypted passwords are turned on in samba, or
alternatively, used a registry patch to disable them on the windows
machines. Older versions of samba had problems with this, and it meant that
the password would seemingly be rejected every time when connecting from
windows client --> *nix server.

Chris