FreeBSD-UK website

Jonathan Belson jon at witchspace.com
Mon Jan 20 12:22:22 GMT 2003

Phil Pereira wrote:
> All,
>
> I know the website is a topic which has been thrown up in the past, but nothing appears to have been done about it; HOWEVER - I want to!
>
> http://www.twynholm.org/test  (make sure you are in the "test" folder)

Not sure the daemon logo would go down too well here ;-)

> So, if nobody has any objections, and assuming you're happy for me to do so, I want to know, from you:
>
> (1) What should the site theme be? Promote FreeBSD? Promote the London Group?
> (2) What you think the website should contain?

Some suggestions from the top of my head:

Info on past/upcoming meetings
Info on freebsd/unix groups
Links to freebsd-related pages - there are loads of interesting freebsd info sites,
  a central link site would be useful.
Easily browsable mailing list archives - mhonarc?

> (3) What should be avoided?

Overly fancy/coloured web page - something more functional, like the main
FreeBSD page.

--Jon

http://www.witchspace.com