wish list

James James at reftech.co.uk
Mon Jan 13 12:29:47 GMT 2003

> Did you know about
> '/usr/ports/misc/instant-workstation'? And similarly,
> '/usr/ports/misc/instant-server'? Not comprehensive,
> but a good jumping-off point for interested newbies...

/usr/ports/misc/porteasy is another interesting one.  I've not used it, but
in my general hunting around for things I spotted it.  It allows a list of
ports to be specified for grabbing and building all in one go, which I guess
would make it good for building a 'standard' distribution of sorts.

Personally I worship at the alter of whoever created
/usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade.  It's gorgeous and sexy for a sufficiently
wide definition of 'gorgeous' and 'sexy'.